Employee acquisition is expensive. Advertising, recruitment, induction and training costs directly impact profitability. New employees are less productive. So reducing staff turnover is critical to your bottom line!
Exit Survey Benefits
Understanding why employees decide to leave your organisation helps you implement policies and initiatives that improve working conditions, reduce turnover and retain key employees. And with them the knowledge they have about your staff, your customers and your business!
Our exit surveys can identify issues contributing to staff turnover, including:
- Lack of role clarity and autonomy
- Poor job design and skill alignment
- The quality of management and supervision
- Relationships with co-workers
- Limited feedback and / or recognition for performance
- Uncompetitive remuneration and benefits
- Lack of training and / or career progression opportunities
Poor work - life balance
Exit Survey Methodology
The quality of data obtained from exit surveys is significantly increased by using an independent third party.
Despite assurances to the contrary, employees can often doubt the organisation's motives in seeking their feedback and may even fear retaliation for negative opinions. They are therefore much more likely to provide frank and honest feedback if they are confident that their answers will remain anonymous.
Survey Matters exit surveys are easy to run and inexpensive.
- When your organisation decides to roll out an exit survey process, Survey Matters will set up an individual exit survey for your organisation.
- Our suggested survey questions, plus any tailored to your organisation, will be loaded into the survey ready to send.
- Then, every time an employee gives their resignation, Survey Matters is simply notified and an invitation for them to provide feedback via an online survey is sent out.
Once sufficient responses have been received, Survey Matters aggregates the results and provides a report on the overall findings and trends.