Attracting the best talent is hard work. With low unemployment & an increasingly flexible workforce, finding out how to attract the best candidates for your positions, and then making sure they stay, is a competitive imperative.
Onboarding (or Entry) Surveys provide an ideal platform for employees to identify any concerns, or to make suggestions for improvement. It is often the newest employees who can look at the company with fresh eyes and lack of attachment to the "way we do things around here” to suggest new and innovative ways of doing things.
Entry Survey Benefits
Onboarding Surveys can provide the insights you need to retain your key talent. They measure the effectiveness of your onboarding process to ensure new employees are given the information, tools and equipment they need to contribute as quickly as possible. They can provide new ideas that help you to attract the best candidates, structure your remuneration packages, streamline hiring processes and improve onboarding practices. And they welcome new employees so they feel valued as part of the organisation.
Usually these surveys are conducetd just prior to the end of any probabtion period, or after at least two months. Our onboarding surveys find out critical information, such as:
- Why do individuals seek employment with your organisation?
- What was their experience of the onboarding process?
- Were they made to feel welcome?
- What are their initial impressions of culture and work practices?
- Do they have everything they need to contribute to the organisation.
Which all adds up to attracting the best people, and getting them up to speed and productive as quickly as possible!
Entry Survey Methodology
The quality of data obtained from onboarding surveys is significantly increased by using an independent third party.
Despite assurances to the contrary, employees can often doubt the organisation's motives in seeking their feedback and may even fear retaliation for negative opinions. They are therefore much more likely to provide frank and honest feedback if they are confident that their answers will remain anonymous.
Survey Matters onboarding surveys are easy to run and inexpensive.
When your organisation decides to roll out an onboarding survey process, Survey Matters will set up an individual survey portal for your organisation.
- Our suggested survey questions, plus any tailored to your organisation, will be loaded into the survey ready to send.
- Then, every time an employee joins, Survey Matters is simply notified and an invitation for them to provide feedback via an online survey is sent out once they have been with the company for at least 6 weeks.
- Once sufficient responses have been received, Survey Matters aggregates the results and provides a report on the overall findings and trends.
Contact Us for more information about our Entry / Onboarding Surveys